I am a chocolate lover! And I absolutely love popcorn! What I really love is that you can have it SOOO many ways: Salty, spicy, sweet, etc. Today, I’ve decided to try my hand at making my popcorn both sweet and salty. I’ve seen this recipe all over the place in Pinterest-land. But I’ve decided to add a little ‘umph’ to it. Because I love chocolate covered pretzels, I thought ‘why not add pretzels to this recipe?’
This is the easiest recipe ever! I promise you, even a 5-year old could make this! Of course, with the help of an adult with the microwave part. This popcorn/pretzels combo is coated in white chocolate and sprinkled with sweet treats to make a cute and delicious sweet treat!
———— RECIPE ————
2 bags of microwave popcorn
2 handfuls of stick pretzels
1 11oz bag of white chocolate chips
3-4 boxes of Valentine Candy (I ate 2 boxes so I was a bit short!!!)
A few shakes of sprinkles
- Pop your popcorn in the microwave. Place in a large bowl after microwaving.
- Microwave the chocolate. Do this 30 seconds at a time to avoid scorching. It took me only 3-30 seconds to get it nice and creamy.
- Pour the chocolate over the popcorn/pretzels and gently stir with a rubber spatula until all pieces are coated in chocolate.
- Pour candy and a few shakes of sprinkle in the mixture.
- Spread on a cookie sheet and place in the refrigerator for about 10 minute or until the chocolate is hardened.
- Remove from the refrigerator and break apart into pieces.
- Put in a cute Valentine container and enjoy!