Last week, I shared my favorite summer makeup products (See that here). Today, I want to tell you about some of the summer beauty products for 2017 I use under my makeup and well as products used for my body.
When I was younger, I didn’t take the BEST care of my skin. Maybe I would, maybe I wouldn’t take my makeup off at night. Perhaps sometimes I used harsh soaps to wash my face. And yes, most of the time I used products because it smelled good or the bottle was pretty. About five or six years ago, I started a beauty regimen that I was pretty strict about…up until about a year ago.
Well, now that I’m older, I can see my skin changing right before my eyes. #thejoysofgettingolder I’ve been promising myself I would find new products and start my beauty regimen back up, but just didn’t want to devote the time or put my skin through the pain of trying various products. I didn’t want to have to wake up to a scary skin reaction.
For about six months or so, I’ve been using Biore Deep Pore Charcoal Cleanser and have loved the results. Lately, I’ve been seeing beauty and skin products made with activated charcoal. Charcoal has the ability to absorb toxins and pollutants. It also act like a magnet to attract and absorb dirt and oil. And I love that it has actually been around for a really long time. Because of this, I figured adding charcoal-infused products would be nothing but a win-win situation for me and my delicate skin!
I’ve listed below some of the charcoal (as well as non-charcoal) products I use.
1. Bamboo + Coconut Charcoal Scrub – I’ve mostly used this on my body because I feel the granuals are too rough for the face and neck. I love that it smells so pretty, which is a good thing here!
2. Coconut Charcoal Powder – As far as dental usage, charcoal absorbs bacteria, toxins, and staining, and makes teeth whiter as a result. FYI…I read from a dental assistant that brushing this in your mouth (per directions) can cause damage to tooth enamel, something we can’t replace. So instead of brushing my teeth with this for 2-3 minutes, after dipping my wet toothbrush in the powder, I brush it on for about 10 seconds and let it sit there for about 2-3 minutes and then rinse. And I do this every other night before bed. I can actually say, I’ve seen results in the three weeks I’ve been using this.
3. Freeman’s Charcoal & Black Sugar Polishing Mask – I love this stuff! I tend to use masks that dries into a clear sheet on your face that you must peel off. This mask doesn’t do that. This mask is more like a paste. I says to leave it on for about five minutes. I usually leave this on for about 15-20minutes and then massage it with my fingers for a couple of minutes or so and then rinse.
4. Charcoal Detox Shower Gel with Lavendar – Just the smell of this wakes me up in the morning! I love using this with my exfoliating bath glove. According to the bottle, it’s anti-aging properties leaves the skin soft and smooth. Gotta love that, right?
5. SixThirteen by Chaz Dean Intensive Body Treatment – I’m typically a Vaseline girl. I use it all over my body and have done so since I was a little girl. But for my hands, this stuff is extra amazing!!! There’s something about the scent of this that reminds me of my childhood. To this day, I still haven’t figured out what that smell is. But I absolutely LOVE this product!
6. Konjac Sponge – I recently got turned on to the Konjac sponge. Last night was my first night using it so I can’t really give you a true review of it. When I do my favorite winter/holiday review, if I’m still using this, I will be sure to include it. I will say that what I love about it is it’s infused with bamboo charcoal, chemical-free, ph balanced, and biodegradable. Thumbs up thus far.
Have you tried any charcoal beauty products? What beauty products can you not live without? I would really love to know. Thank you so much for reading. And as always, have a beautiful day.
Make sure you sign up for my newsletter to enter to win August’s Monthly Giveaway: $50 TJMaxx Gift Card It’s easy! Just click on the image above to subscribe to my newsletter (just enter your name and email address) and you will automatically be entered into the August Giveaway! Giveaway ends August 31, 2017 and the winner will be announced on September 1, 2017 on my Facebook page. It’s that simple!
July Giveaway: $30 Target Gift Card xxx GIVEAWAY CLOSED xxx
June Giveaway: $30 Nordstrom Gift Card xxx GIVEAWAY CLOSED xxx
May Giveawy: $30 Absolute Beauty Gift Package xxx GIVEAWAY CLOSED xxx
April Giveawy: 8-Piece Melamine Summer Plate Set xxx GIVEAWAY CLOSED xxx
March Giveaway: $50 Nordstrom Gift Card xxx GIVEAWAY CLOSED xxx
February Giveaway: NYX Beauty Pack xxx GIVEAWAY CLOSED xxx
January Giveaway: $25 Gift Card (3 Winners) xxx GIVEAWAY CLOSED xxx