Hi there, Beautiful! Being a blogger, I spend quite a bit of time reading other blogs, not only to see what my favorite bloggers are up to, but for inspiration as well. And I often wonder what they are like in person. I got to thinking if others wondered the same about me. Well, today I am getting a bit more personal and sharing this 20 Things You Don’t Know About Me post. My goal is to make sure you are Keeping Up With Candy (ha ha) on the personal side. I did a similar post last year around this time but only shared very minimum about myself. (similar post here –10 Things You Don’t Know About Me)
Even though I am somewhat of a private person, I thought a post like this would be fun because, personally, I love reading posts like these! Soooo, here goes!
- I drink sweet tea EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. And not just any ole sweet tea. It has to be from Corky’s (local) or McDonald’s (next to Corky’s location ONLY).
- My favorite vacation destination would have to be Ischia Island, Italy. Not because of its beauty, but because of the laid back vibe, friendliness of the locals, and its surrounding waters. Truth: I wanted to visit because this is where JFK, Jackie O, and family used to vacation.
- I don’t touch condiment bottles, door knobs, bathroom faucets, other’s computer mouse, menus, or shake hands with my bare hands. I use a napkin for touching. And instead of shaking hands, I hug. It’s all so gross to me! #sorrynotsorry
- I am a pretty good cook. I know I look like I don’t/can’t cook or eat much. But I do. I plan on posting recipes on the blog at least once a month. Be on the lookout for that!
- Growing up, I wanted to be a singer/songwriter. I was going to meet George Michael. He was going to want to do a duet with me, fall in love with me, wouldn’t be able to live without me, and ask me to marry him. Yes Hunni, I lived in a HUGE bubble growing up!!!!
- I was a cheerleader in high-school. Ole girl can still do toe-touches after all these years!
- Growing up, we always had people living with us…whether it was family or my brother and my friends. I have NO IDEA how my mother put up with it! I have my neice, her bf, and baby living with me and it’s driving me nuts!!!
- I love being on the water, especially being on boats. I feel so peaceful when I’m boating.
- I sleep with a fan every night…winter, spring, summer, and fall.
- Junior High School (that’s what we called it back then) were my favorite school years.
- I wish I could dye my hair blond but afraid all of my hair would fall out.
- My favorite thing to do when I travel is to eat as much street food as possible.
- Shein is one of my favorite online stores. I’ve never received anything I didn’t like or was of bad quality. And the price is ALWAYS right!
- I have absolutely nothing to do with my ‘dad’, or as I call him, ‘My Mom’s First Husband’.
- I have three kids. This ALWAYS shocks everyone. One day soon, my daughter and I will do a ‘Mommy & Me’ photo shoot.
- Next year, I plan on buying my first two rental houses. My goal is to have a property management company in five years.
- I’ve always been called a contradiction: Super nice but so mean, giving but very selfish, down to earth but snobbish, compliant but very stubborn.
- I own over 30 pairs of jeans! And I’m still trying to find the perfect pair. #thestruggle
- I own a Samsung Galaxy s6, s7, and s9. Of the three, I use the s6 faithfully. I mainly use my s9 for it’s fabulous camera feature!!!!! There is no other on the market that even compares!!!
- I hate doing video, but I know video is becoming everything and essential for bloggers. I don’t even like video calls or chats. But I know I need to jump on the band wagon. Otherwise, I’ll get left behind.
Well, there you have it. What fact from the list surprises you or you can relate to the most? And please do share a fun fact about yourself. I’d love to read your answers.
Thank you so much for reading. I love having you here. And as always, have a beautiful day. Candy XOX