It’s been over a year since I’ve done a ‘What You Don’t Know About Me’ type post (see those here and here) and I figured it’s about time I do another one. Since the death of my fiance January 2018, I haven’t been as consistent with posting as before and as I’d like to be. But I can say as time passes on, I’m doing way better than last year. I’ve lost quite a bit of my readers/followers, and that’s fine. I try not to focus on that fact too much. I’m more concerned with trying to continue to overcome my struggles and improve where I can in my life. Whenever I sit back and reflect on my life, I know I have a long ways to go, no matter how people perceive me via social media.
With that being said, here are a few things I’d like for you to know about me that hasn’t been said in previous posts!
- I think about death all the time. I’m not sure if it has to do with the passing of my fiance, me getting older, or a combination of both. It’s not a pleasant thing to think about. I wonder if people would come to my funeral, how would my kids turn out in life without me, and if anyone would really truly care if I died.
- As much as I love my kids and care for my boyfriend, I really cherish and look forward to alone time for an entire weekend. I don’t get them that often. But when I do, I mostly binge-watch Netflix shows.
- I have large pores on my inner lower cheeks and it drives me crazy!
- The older I get, the larger my sweet tooth becomes.
- Speaking of teeth, I’ve never had a cavity and I have all 32 of my teeth…which I hear is very unusual.
- I’ve always wanted to be a bagger at a grocery store. Call me crazy but I just feel like baggers these days don’t bag groceries properly. And I prefer paper please and thank you!
- I can’t sleep during the day. I would have to be really sick to do so.
- I still miss my fiance and think about him everyday…even though I’m dating someone else. I read that it takes half the time you’ve known a person to get over them. I believe because he was taken away from me so tragically, I find it hard to believe he’s gone. It’s like I still see him. Although it doesn’t hurt anymore, I still have my moments, especially when life is hard or something in my life isn’t right. Sometimes I wonder what it would be like if he returned. As much as I love and miss him, if he returned right now, I couldn’t be with him. Private reasons…
- When I’m leaving the grocery store, mall, etc and I have a good parking space, I put my car in Reverse and wait for someone to come along who wants my space. Something about knowing someone is waiting for my space just gives me a ridiculous thrill. I don’t make them wait for it. Just knowing someone wants the space makes me happy! Go figure!
- I love to make people laugh and feel comfortable around me.
- I am a huge helper and caregiver. I hate to see others suffer. If I see you need help in any way and I’m able to help in any way, I’m going to help.
- I hate when people call a ‘restroom’ a ‘bathroom’.
- Of all the vehicles I’ve ever had, I’ve only had a car once. All others have been SUVs or pickup trucks. I’m just not a car girl.
- I prefer wood fireplaces over gas. I recently moved this summer and my house has a gas fireplace. I have absolutely have no idea how to work it!
- Toilet paper should be placed over and not under. Don’t believe me, check out the patent. If I’m somewhere and I see it’s placed under, I turn it over if I can.
I hope you learned a little more about me with today’s post. Please, share something about yourself. I’d love to know. Let’s see if we have anything in common.
Thank you so much for reading. And as always, have a beautiful day. XOXO, Candy